Thursday, May 9, 2013

new new new

So the new job is going pretty well. At this point, the volunteers I manage still know more than I do, so that's a bit awkward. Hello, I'm doing the same job as you, but less well, and I'm getting paid to do it!

I'm sure it'll get better.

My laptop has decided to stop working. Or rather, the keyboard quit and the ability to detect and connect to wifi signals followed suit shortly thereafter. SO I got a Chromebook.

I know it's just a netbook, but honestly, pretty much everything I do is online anyway. Word processing, video watching, music listening, etc. It's all done on the internetz. And I use google products almost exclusively.

So far, I'm digging the experience. It's taking a bit to get used to the Chrome OS, but for someone who's used gmail and the like for a decade, it's a pretty easy learning curve.

I just recorded a video with it. Not astonishing quality, but it doesn't need to be. I have my handheld pocket camcorder for better quality videos.

It's been nice having a stable job. I don't feel guilty about doing silly, unproductive things with my free time anymore.

For example:



Yep. Completely useful and grown up, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment